In this update:
- GameDay Canceled
- Registration Cutoff/At Convention membership
- Vaccination and mask requirements
- Last day for submitting events
Game Day Canceled
The Coronavirus continues to wreak havoc on the scheduling of events. As of this writing, at least 4 January events have been canceled, including the New York Toy Show. The Omicron variant is running extremely strong and right now we are at the peak of its strength.
With this in mind, and in looking out for everyone’s safety, we have chosen to cancel the January 20th Game Day and focus all of our attention on making GameStorm the best event we can make of it. We apologize for those of you who had made plans to attend. We strongly encourage you to game at home and share your gaming with #GameStormathome and #GS22 on twitter and Facebook and make sure to mention us. We look forward to sharing your images.
Registration Cutoff/At Convention membership
In addition to this, and to keep the membership strong, we have decided to cut off Memberships. On February 1st, memberships will no longer be purchasable for GameStorm 22, and there will be no in-person purchases available.
We understand that many of you still operate with Cash and only pay in person, and this is a decision we have not made lightly, but in order to control crowds and minimize contacts, we feel this is the best answer.
Vaccinations and mask requirements
As of the time of writing, the following requirements will be followed for admission to GameStorm
- All attendees ages five and up must be either fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative test ran within 48 hours of the day you are attending the event.
- Fully vaccinated is defined as being 2 weeks past the final shot of your chosen immunization (2 shots for Moderna/Pfizer, 1 shot for Johnson and Johnson)
- Proof of negative test must be a test that is administered by a Health Care official within the 48 hours prior to the day(s) of attendance in order to be valid for the entire convention.
Masks will be required at all times In all function space except when eating food in Glisan. The hotel additionally requires masks to be worn at all times throughout the hotel except when eating or drinking. Failure to properly wear your mask can result in removal of membership privileges.
Last day for submitting events
Our online schedule is looking pretty good, but we still have a lot more room for events. The last day to get an event submitted and be available for players to signup will be Sunday, February 13th at 12AM. This will allow our scheduling team to assign tables as needed.
We know these are some big changes, and we appreciate everyone working with us to make the convention as safe as possible. We’re looking forward to amazing convention. Please get yourself a room at the hotel and come join us for a fun filled event. As always if you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (responses directly to this message get filtered and your response can be delayed.)
-GameStorm 22 Chair