Thank you for making GameStorm 16 the best yet! People are already talking about how to make GameStorm 17 even better next year.
Come to our kick-off meeting on Sunday, April 13th, High Noon at Guardian Games (345 SE Taylor St, Portland OR 97214).
Aaron Curtis – Chair for GameStorm 16
- Shane Hensley, Creator of the Savage Worlds Role Playing System, talks about the future of Savage Worlds and game design.
- Like Puzzles? Than check out puzzle master Mike Selinker’s talk about puzzles, games, and more
- Dead Gentleman Productions’ latest release, The Gamers: Hands of Fate, will be screened! Come see the continuing adventures of your favorite troupe of Role Players.
- RAWR! The DoubleClicks will be performing a live concert. Come join them.
- Guest of Honor Theatre Arcanos show you how you might survive in the world of the Dresden files in ‘Summit Arcane’
- Pandemic: The Cure Tournament: A new dice game based on the popular Co-op game seen on TableTop.
- PDX Broadsides Concert: Unwind at the end of the night with some music and fun.
Welcome to GameStorm 16! Registration opens at noon in the Convention Center Lobby. Sign up sheets will be located near the rooms to sign up for games and events. The program book is also available the website off the front page. Some of today’s feature events include:
- Live Action Ricochet Robot: In Alder all day. Come see how hard it is to move large robots compared to the original.
- Z-Man Games Prototype Demo: Come see one of our Guests of Honor showing off the latest prototypes in the Game Lab
GameStorm 16 took place March 20, 2014. Guests of honor included Mike Selinker, Zev Shlasinger, David Coronado, Michelle McNeill, Matt Branstad, and Shane Hensley and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There were also a number of special guests including a performance by The Doubleclicks.
GameStorm is next week! We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
- Event listings available here
Limited signups for some eventsEarly signups are closed
- Hotel very close to full
- Registration info and reminders
Event Listings are Available on the Website
The convention schedule is now available on the events page. You’ll also find a map of the convention space there too. Check it out to see what’s in store!
Limited Signups for Some Events
Early signups are closed. There will be signup sheets for all scheduled events at the convention.
Hotel Very Close to Full
Our room block at the Hilton is full, but they still have some rooms available. Go to the Book Room page for more details.
Registration info and reminders
Registration will open at noon on Thursday. Registration hours for the weekend are:
Thursday Noon – 10 PM
Friday 8AM – 10 PM
Saturday 8AM – 6 PM
Sunday 8AM – Noon
Pre-registration sales for GameStorm 17 will open at 12:30 PM on Sunday and ends at 6:00 PM.
Pre-registered members can pick up their badges at the tables to the right as you enter the function space from Columbia Ave. Please remember that you will need a government-issued photo ID matching the name on your badge to pick it up.
If you are bringing a minor child, you will be required to present a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. Be sure to check out the child policy on the policy page for details and to download waivers. Filling them out in advance will save time at registration!
Memberships are no longer available on-line, as we’re busy getting a record number of pre-registration badges printed and ready to go.
Registration will open for membership sales and pre-registration badge pickup at Noon on Thursday, March 20th. For more info about registration hours and badge prices, go to Memberships.
We are no longer accepting online game submissions. We expect to have all submitted events scheduled and up for you to see very soon.
You are still more than welcome to bring your games to play and show off at our open play tables at the Con!
Not only does pre-registration save you time at the door, but it also allows you to sign up for events prior to the convention so you can ensure a seat at your favorite games. You have until the end of the day on March 3rd to pre-register your membership. We look forward to seeing you at GameStorm 16.